LOCATION: World Fiddle Day Toronto 2017 takes place in The Ismaili Centre (49 Wynford Dr.) and The Aga Khan Museum (77 Wynford Dr.). They are located beside each other on the south side of Wynford Dr. with a small park between them. You can walk between the buildings in minutes.
The Ismaili Centre The Aga Khan Museum
ISMAILI CENTRE: Morning and afternoon events
- Morning Workshops: 10 – 1
- Specific room locations will be posted at the event
Please sign in with our volunteers at the main table in the Ismaili Centre when you arrive, pick up your buffet ticket (if ordered) and you will be directed to your workshop.
- Lunch break: 1 – 2
- Purchase at the Aga Khan Museum’s cafe
- Picnic outside with your own lunch or inside café area at museum
- Around-the-World Jam: 2 – 5
- Youth Showcase & Buffet: 5:30 – 6:30
- Buffet available for those who have pre-registered.
THE AGA KHAN MUSEUM: Evening event
- Concert: 7 – 10 (doors open at 6:30)
- Seating is general admission
- Purchase tickets for non-members either online or at the Aga Khan reception desk, if available.
- Water bottle for your own use (outside drinks not allowed)
- Your “2017 Tune book”, instrument, and a music stand
- Bring a recording device for the workshops and 2017’s video
- Money if you plan to purchase artists’ CDs or lunch/dinner
- Lunch if you plan to eat on-site in the park
- Bring your own lunch: picnic outside on their lovely grounds or you may eat inside the museum’s café area.
- Purchase lunch at The Aga Khan Museum café: moderately priced quality sandwiches, salads, sweets and beverages are available that can be enjoyed at their small café, or taken to the outdoor grounds.
- Many restaurants are located nearby on Don Mills Road.
GETTING TO THE ISMAILI CENTRE AND AGA KHAN MUSEUM
DVP Southbound: Take the Don Valley Parkway (DVP), exit at Wynford Drive, and turn right. The Museum is located immediately on the south side of Wynford Drive.
DVP Northbound: Take the Don Valley Parkway (DVP), exit at Eglinton Avenue westbound, turn right on Don Mills Road, then right again on Wynford Drive. Travel approximately 2 blocks past Gervais Drive. The Museum is located on the south side of Wynford Drive.
Don Mills Rd.: Turn right one traffic light north of Eglinton Ave. off Don Mills Road.
Parking: Ground level and underground parking for a flat rate of $10. No overnight parking is permitted. All parking fees collected support the operation and programming of the Aga Khan Museum and Park.
BY PUBLIC TRANSIT: Please visit the TTC Trip Planner to plan your journey.
- Eglinton subway station, the 34C Eglinton East Bus (Grenoble and Spanbridge towards Flemingdon Park) stops on Wynford Drive right at the Aga Khan Museum. (stop: Garamond Court; travel time approx. 25–30 minutes).
- Broadview subway station, the 100A Flemingdon Park bus (towards Don Mills and Wynford) stops on Wynford Drive right at the Aga Khan Museum (stop: Garamond Court; travel time approx. 25–30 minutes).
- Pape subway station, the 25 Don Mills bus (towards Steeles) stops at Don Mills Road and Wynford Drive (stop: Wynford Drive; travel time approx. 20 minutes). The Museum is a short walk along Wynford Drive (approx. 8 minutes).